Introductory courses in dive medicine.
Dive medicine for doctors who need a basic understanding of dive physiology and medicine.
I have developed several presentations and skill stations that can help doctors to understand, recognize and treat divers with diving related medical problems.
- Oxygen administration (practical)
- 5 min neuro exam (practical)
- Physiology of diving
- Arterial gas embolism
- Introduction to decompression syndrome (DCS)
- Problems of Oxygen en Nitrogen
- ENT problems and diving
- Introduction to the Chamber
- What is new in DCS?
- The five gasses in diving
- Physiology of diving mammals
- Medical and environmental aspects of hypoxia and hyperoxia
These lectures can be given all around the globe.